The ASSA ABLOY Group provides opening solutions, entrance automation and service for commercial and residential customers. A major company reorganisation involved moving production out of Europe to Asia resulting in the decentralization of the procurement function.
- Understand the current competencies of the global purchasing team
- Match the capabilities of staff to the job roles required to deliver the future strategy
- Introduce strategic sourcing process and associated tools and techniques.
- 200 staff across Europe, Asia and North America completed online skills assessment
- Clear understanding of skill gaps in key competency areas
- Learning pathways developed at both individual and team level
- Sourcing influencers and budget holders outside of purchasing were included in the training
- Common strategic sourcing approach using the same techniques and language embedded globally
- Significant increased supplier value delivered and reduced costs
- New hires brought up to speed swiftly irrespective of location via e-learning
- Procurement aligned with company strategy