The Met Police, (excluding City of London) serving 8.6 million residents covering 32 London Boroughs, is the largest Police Force in the UK. Following an efficiency and effectiveness current state review of the procurement department, a number of weaknesses and improvement opportunities were identified and a transformation programme launched to optimise funds and support for ‘Frontline Policing’
The successful programme won a coveted National Training Award from UK Government.
- Introduce Category Management supporting the EU Public Sector Procurement Guidelines
- Embed effective procurement thinking, practices and behaviours across procurement and key stakeholders
- Map the “As Is” timescale and dependencies identifying constraints
- Map the “To-Be” process
- An embedded robust & effective Category Management process (rigorously tested via pilots)
- A cost savings dashboard reporting on strategic sourcing initiatives cost savings
- Stakeholder support for procurement-led strategic sourcing initiatives
- Significant savings (20%+) resulting in an increased budget for ‘Frontline Policing’.
ADR Services used:
- Design and implementation of category management structure
- Design and implementation of 8-step strategic sourcing process
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Follow-up onsite coaching