NHS Collaborative Procurement Hub
One of the largest NHS collaborative procurement hubs, contracting circa £2bn of spend a year on behalf of 50 Hospital Trusts embarked on a transformation program to introduce a standard strategic sourcing process and up-skill procurement staff.
- Standardise the strategic sourcing process across the hub and drive contract compliance.
- Identify and close skills gaps – Essentials, Intermediate and Advanced levels – reflecting the spectrum of needs across the procurement team.
- All staff trained in the sourcing process to ensure contract compliance which is pivotal to the development of an efficient sourcing strategy.
- One clearly defined strategic sourcing process with standard templates, toolkits and guides.
- Pre-interview online skills assessment supported the recruitment process.
ADR Services Used:
- Competence profiles created for all procurement levels
- Online skills assessment to identify competency gaps and development needs using ADR’s DNA diagnostic tool.
- Instructor-led workshops designed and delivered to address the skills gaps and embed the strategic sourcing process.