NHS North West Collaborative Procurement Hub
NWCCA is one of the largest NHS collaborative procurement hubs (now a Commercial Authority), contracting circa £2bn of spend a year on behalf of 50 Trusts. The Authority embarked on a transformation programme to introduce a standard strategic sourcing process and up-skill both the Authority and Trust based procurement staff.
The aims of the project:
- Standardise on strategic sourcing process across NWCCA driving contract compliance.
- Identify and train skills gaps – Essentials, Intermediate and Advanced levels – reflecting the spectrum of needs across the procurement population.
- Introduce the sourcing process to Authority and Trust based staff (40+ buyers).
- All staff trained in the context of the sourcing process understanding that contract compliance is pivotal to the development of an efficient sourcing strategy.
- One clear procurement sourcing strategy with standard templates, toolkits, guides.
- ADR’s competency diagnostic tool, DNA proved to be a valuable tool in recruitment process.
- Skills profiling for all procurement staff to identify competency gaps and development needs using ADR’s DNA diagnostic tool.
- Learning programmes designed and delivered to address the skills gaps.
- Would now support online Procurement training.